Thinking it would be helpful to jumpstart myself out of my procrastination mode I’m going to make a list of the art projects that are in need of finishing and those that are running through my mind and in need of starting. Here goes:
- Tea bag book. Awhile ago my “artist’s way” group offhandedly (over a cup of tea) came up with the idea of creating something out of used tea bags. I unfolded many bags and I did create a lovely accordion fold book with the theme “home”. I used b&w copies of old photos from my childhood inside and covered the book with the papers from the tea bags which gave everything an antique look. I even made a little girls dress out of two tea bags on one page. The front of the book is finished and I’m very pleased but the back was “naked” so I put random leftover bits of the photos on the pages and all I need to do is cover them with the bags….and there it sits, my book with a pile of ready to go tea bags. Need I say more? (I will post a picture when it’s finished:-))
- Large leaf painting. We recently had home renovations–kitchen/family room combo and added a sun room. Totally changed the look from traditional to….hmmmm, woodsy, nature-like. I wanted to do a good-sized painting within that theme. I know where it will hang. I know I want to paint a large leaf. I know I want the leaf to wrap around the canvas and have some red in the painting. Canvas is still white.
- Art Camp journal. (see the two previous posts) Yea for me, one page spread is done. Now move on to another couple pages=pending a bigger “yea for me”.
- Painting on a bottle. My yoga instructor gave me a water bottle and asked me to paint a design incorporating “love” into it. Got some special glass paint, read the instructions, what the H-E-double hockey sticks is stopping me??
- Face a Day drawings. Last year I got this book: Drawing Lab by Carla Sonheim. One of the exercises is to do a face a day. Small format, lots of suggestions on all sorts of different ways to draw a face. Love it! I did 5—-last February. I really want to get this started up again!
Anyone ever heard of guerilla art? You create something and leave it in a public place for someone to find and enjoy. Crazy, huh. But this really appeals to me. I’m thinking post card size, small collages and I’m keeping this in the back of my brain for a later time.
Now that I’ve got all this down in black and white I feel a little more accountable. I promise to post photos of my progress and am open to suggestions, comments and encouragement:-) Can I get an Amen?!?