So it’s still close enough to January 1st for New Year’s
resolutions intentions, isn’t it? I prefer the idea of making intentions, it sounds much more positive than resolutions which have a kind of downer quality. Maybe that comes from years of breaking resolutions:-) This was my first page in my journal this year and since I had plenty of room left in said journal and didn’t want to go on to another one I simply did this big, zentanglely date to start off the new section. Briefly my intentions for this year are:
- The usual eat healthier and exercise more one. Really, who doesn’t make this one!!
- Re-do my downstairs bathroom. Strip off the old wallpaper, paint (actually I’m going to do this stuff called venetian plaster, excited!), new light fixture, etc. and paint the cabinet black. (start in January!)
- Read more–I want to be always in the midst of a good book instead of the occasional read.
- Blog more……….I love the blogging community but a large part of why I blog is to keep myself energized about creating and to keep a record of what I’ve done for the year.
- CREATIVITY, yep, that’s the big one. (1) I dropped off drastically in my art journal work last year so I want to pick back up there. (2) My key challenge for this year is my self-designed goal of 5 collages per week. Doing well so far, thank you. Here’s my format: 8″ x 8″ substrate with collage of any type. First week was random, quick ones. This week I’m focusing on a nature theme. (Started a little late since we were traveling at the beginning of Jan.) (3) Oh, yeah, and organize my studio–really–I’m going to do it this time:-)
To help myself keep focused on my intentions I made myself an 8 x 8 collage:
How about you? What’s got you going this year?